Çayyolu Preschool’s students learn to communicate their understanding of mathematics through problem solving activities and discussing books with mathematical themes.
Our core curriculum is Math in Focus: The Singapore Approach.
- Know numbers names.
- Use numbers in different situations that involve the use of counting principles.
- Propose and solve problems in familiar situations that involve adding, subtraction, matching, comparing, and dividing objects.
- Gather information about certain criteria, graphically represent the information and be able to interpret it.
- Identify patterns in a sequence based on repetition and growth.
Form, space and measurement
- Recognize and name the characteristics of objects and geometric shapes.
- Build reference systems in relation to spatial location.
- Use unconventional units to solve problems that involve measuring magnitudes of length, volume, weight, and time.
- Identify what measuring instruments are for and gain a basic understanding of how to use them.
STILL NOT CONVINCED?